Have you ever had to put up with a leaking or running toilet, a toilet that won’t flush, or a clogged toilet? Toilet leak repair is one of the most common and unpleasant plumbing issues most homeowners face at one time or another.
Instead of trying to fix it yourself, consider calling a top notch professional 24 hr plumber from Almighty Rooter. We are happy to take care of your Chicago, IL toilet repair or any other plumbing problem. Simply call our professional plumbers today!
Toilet Repair & Fixture Replacement
Our plumbing company has been providing toilet plumbing, repair, and fixture replacement to Chicago and suburban residents for over 50 years. These are the most common toilet services and parts we offer:
- Toilet flapper replacement
- Handle repairs
- Broken flange repair
- Toilet bowl repair
- Tank repair
- Toilet seat raiser repair or installation
- Fill valve service
Clogged toilets are often the result of hair buildup, tissue, or some other item that doesn’t belong in the toilet. Using a plunger may provide a temporary fix, but if the clogs reoccur it’s time to call a plumber.
Toilet Leak Repair
A leaking toilet is the most common cause of high water bills. Watch for these signs of toilet leaks:
- You have to jiggle the handle to make your toilet stop running.
- The toilet makes noise while not in use.
- There’s noticeable leaking at the toilet base.
- Water runs over the top of the overflow pipe (pipe in the middle of the tank) or trickles down sides of toilet bowl long after it has been flushed.
- You observe phantom flushes (the toilet turns on the water for 15 seconds without the handle being pushed).
Here’s how you can test for toilet leaks:
A simple test involves food coloring. Remove any bowl cleaners that color the water so you can begin the test with clear water. Also make sure no one uses the bowl while you perform the test.
Test the flush valve mechanism by putting a few drops of food coloring in the tank. Check the bowl after 15 minutes. If the dyed tank water is now in the toilet bowl, your toilet is leaking.
The two most common culprits are the flush valve or refill valve. Stop wasting water and running up your bill; call us to replace or fix the problem.
Whether you have a toilet plumbing emergency or simply need a toilet leak repair in Chicago, call our plumbers 24/7: