When your sump pump stops working your house can easily be flooded. Prevent this by getting a good quality sump pump in Chicago.
Even a great quality sump pump in Chicago can fail at times. No need to fret; follow these steps before you call a plumbing service to check your pump:
- Make sure that the power is off before you touch the pump. Water and electricity combined can be very dangerous.
- Make sure that the sump pump’s plug is working correctly. It could possibly only be a defective plug preventing the pump from working properly.
- Make sure that the float switch is working. If you cannot move it, check if there isn’t anything preventing it from moving freely.
- Feel the pump for vibration. If you feel vibration, the pump is powered. When no water is being pumped when the pump is on, check that the pipes are not blocked.
- Inspect the drain pipes for any debris. Debris could become clogged in the pie and prevent water from being pumped efficiently.
After self-checking your sump pump, call your nearest plumbing company to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Sump pump repairs at Almighty Plumbing
Almighty Plumbing in Chicago is one of the best companies to call if you have a sump pump problem that needs to be fixed.
We repair all types, makes, and models of sump pumps, we have 24 hour emergency support, we have over 50 years of experience, we give free estimates and our sump pump repair and installation is affordable.
Contact us today to get the best Chicago sump pump repairs possible.