In the commercial industry, having plumbing that’s problem-free is good for business and of course, good for your customers. Plumbing problems often present themselves when the seasons change and you could soon find yourself seeking out the professional advice and services of a 24-hour plumber. As spring and warmer weather approach Chicago, there are a number of ways that you can ready your business’ plumbing system. Here are a few plumbing maintenance tips and pointers for you to consider:
- Prevent plumbing blockages, water damage and mold growth by cleaning out the gutters regularly. Debris tends to build up during winter and can cause serious problems.
- Avoid having to pay for costly water leaks by checking each toilet. To see if your toilet cistern is leaking, drop some food coloring into the toilet cistern and wait to see if it color of the water in the bowl changes, without the toilet being flushed. A 24-hour plumber should be able to fix a leak quite easily.
- If your business has a kitchen garbage disposal, you are going to want it to be in tip-top shape. Making sure that the blades are very sharp is important and you can drop ice down the disposal. If this doesn’t work, chat to your local commercial plumbing repair team in Chicago.
- Avoid wasting water by ensuring that your toilets flush properly first time around. If the toilet doesn’t flush properly, chances are that it will be double-flushed and that means wasted water for you. Cleaning the toilet is a good step in the right direction for this one. The jets under the toilet bowl must be clean and clear of any build up so that they can flush with the right pressure. If things are blocked up, use gloves and a strong toilet brush and detergent and really get in there and scrub. Test the toilet’s flushing power again. If it hasn’t improved the flushing functionality, it’s probably time to consult with your plumber about potential problems.
- The water boiler has probably been used a lot more during the cold months and while you probably don’t plan to use it too much during the warmer months, it’s best to check that it’s running at peak performance and has no leaks, before spring arrives. Leaking pipes are just one concern with a faulty boiler. Carbon monoxide poisoning can also result from a misfiring boiler furnace, so don’t skimp on doing this check.
Need some assistance getting your business’ plumbing in order for spring? Call Almighty Plumbing!
Getting your business’ plumbing ready for spring will be a simple task with the help of our professional and qualified 24-hour plumbers in Chicago. Contact Almighty Rooter & Plumbing today on 773-284-6616 and let us take care of all your plumbing needs. Financing available.